This is Arthur, a sweet little floppy eared donkey. Arthur measures about 6 inches in a DK yarn, but he can be made from any weight yarn and appropriate hook for different sizes. It is an easy pattern to follow with plenty of diagrams and you will always be welcome to contact me for any extra help.The instructions for this pattern are written in UK terms but if you are used to American terms, don’t worry, the differences are all explained in the pattern. .
This is an Intermediate skilled pattern as stitches required include:
- Chain Stitch
- Slip Stitch
- Double Crochet (UK) Single Crochet (US)
- Treble Cluster (UK) Double Cluster (US) This stitch is explained in the pattern.
- 50g ball of DK weight yarn in Main Colour (I used Brown)
- 50g ball of DK weight yarn in Contrast Colour 1 (I used Beige)
- 50g ball of DK weight yarn in Contrast Colour 2 (I used Black)
- 3.5mm crochet hook
- 3.25mm crochet hook (for crochet eyes option)
- Small amount of black and coloured yarn (for crochet eyes option) or
- 2 x 20mm safety eyes
- Toy filling
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker